• I subscribed, so why am I not getting list mail?
• I subscribed, but now I want to use a different email address.
• I subscribed, but I changed my mind—could you please unsubscribe me?
If you want to change something about your list subscription, or you want to just check on the status of your subscription, here's how:
- Go to http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/wisewomen or http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/ww-talk.
- At the very end of that page, there's a button that says "Unsubscribe or edit options". Put in your email address and click the button.
- You should now be on the options page. If you don't know your list password, click the "Remind" button to have it mailed to you.
- When you have your password, go back to the options page and enter it.
- You should now be on your membership configuration page. That's where you can check on your subscription as well as change your name, email address, password, vacation, and digest status.
If you run into trouble with the above directions, contact the list mom (via the list owner email address) with a description of the problem.
• Why are there two lists?
Some subscribers like having a chatty list. Some don't.
The WW-Talk list was created to try to make everyone happy; it's where off-topic messages and general banter belong. If you like chatty lists, please subscribe to both.
• I sent an off-topic message to the Wise-Women list and it was rejected. What are the rules?
It's simple: if it's on-topic for the WW list, it's allowed. If it's off-topic for the WW list, then it's on-topic for WW-Talk—so it should be posted there instead.
• I got a rejection saying the content of my message was disallowed, but I'm pretty sure it was on-topic. Why wasn't my email allowed?
The problem isn't with what you said, but with how it was sent.
To be more precise, if you look at the source of your email messages, you'll see that what you write is repeated twice: once with plain text and again with rich text. It's the latter version that's not allowed on-list.
If you look at the headers of your email, you'll see lines that say something like:
> Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
The WW lists (like most lists) don't allow multi-part email. If you change your settings to instead send plain text, it should go through just fine. If not, contact the list mom (via the list owner email address) with a description of the problem.
• Where are the list archives?
• Why aren't there list archives?
This is something that comes up periodically, and when it does, there are members with a strong negative reaction to having publicly-available archives. The end result is that we don't have them, but that doesn't stop you from creating a personal one for yourself: just sign up for a Gmail account and then subscribe that address to the list.
• I have a question that's not answered here.
If it's about mailing list options, your first stop should be the Mailman List Member Manual. If it's about something else, or if you still have a question, then ask on-list, or contact the list mom (via the list owner email address).